#SanaAll! Not all brides can claim bragging rights to how CHILL they were in their preparations leading to their wedding day. Well, just take a look at how this bride ate wedding prep pressure and stress for breakfast! --- extra spicy! *wink*
We would like to send our warmest Congratulations and Best Wishes to one of Clayshop's beloved Executive Producers Mrs. Karen Alelis-Tan and her husband, Mr. Mervin Tan. Your Clayshop Family is wishing you all the best as you enter this wonderful new journey in your life. May your marriage be filled with lasting joy!
Read on to know more about her journey towards #BecomingMrsTan
1. Can you describe your wedding in one word and why? Blessing. God blessed our union as husband and wife in front of our family and closest friends. He truly provided and blessed us with a very beautiful and intimate wedding! We celebrated and professed our love and vow for each other on a beautiful Hill in Tagaytay City. On the day of the wedding we were greeted by a bearable sunlight and calming breeze. The weather is beyond perfection.
We were also blessed with creative and passionate suppliers. I believe they are some of the best of the bests in the wedding industry and all of them did a fantastic job before and on the day itself. All the emotions, experiences and memories on that day were a great blessing for me and my husband and we will be forever grateful.
2. What's it like being Mrs. Karen Tan for a few weeks now? Nothing has changed except for my surname! To tell you honestly, even a day before the wedding, I was still working and answering calls for my ongoing projects and bids. I even attended my late night post-graduate class in Ateneo Business School and submitted an assignment! Crazy as it sounds, I really didn’t feel stressed and have accomplished everything on the dot before our big day. My husband and I went straight to “work mode” right after the wedding because we were both committed to several projects. Hopefully, we can start planning our official honeymoon vacation when given the chance and if time finally permits. Our next step (after maybe a few months) is to concentrate on designing our new home! This is actually what I’m looking forward to and I can't wait to share the details soon!
3. Looking back, what was your favorite part of the wedding?
Definitely the after party! Right after the main reception, our lights and sound technicians set up a Karaoke for us which was projected on a wide LED screen. This is something unique among wedding events. Why bring a Karaoke machine right?! But our answer actually was, why not?! :)
Drinks and cocktails were overflowing and all of our friends were just singing and dancing till 2am in the morning. It was definitely one for the books!
4. How did your experience as an Executive Producer for Clayshop help in your wedding preparations? A lot of my suppliers complimented me as one of the chillest brides they ever had! My experience as an Executive Producer really shone through during our preparation and planning stage.
Primarily, I was trained to spearhead projects, oversee staff movement and manage both budgets and timelines, so planning this big event was a breeze for me (insert slow-mo hair flip). Once I have a vision in mind, I, then filter credible suppliers and allocate the budget properly. I'm also one of the few brides who can say was blessed with a very collaborative partner (shoutout to my husband). He shared amazing ideas and showed encouraging enthusiasm for our big day. This really allowed me to plan our wedding easier.
5. What are you looking forward to most in your marriage?
Our milestones and learnings as husband and wife! We are aware that everything is not as easy as it seems, but with God’s guidance, we know that He will direct us to a Godly path as a married couple. I’m just thankful that I get to experience all these with Merv!
5. People you'd like to thank? Some of my family from Clayshop also showed their support on my wedding day. Firstly, our CEO and now Ninong, Direk August Espino! Sir Dennis Deleonio, our Operation Head and Lead Editor made the LED visuals for our wedding reception! – thanks sir! Also, I would like to extend my utmost gratitude to my thoughtful colleagues who sent me gifts and warm wishes.
Me and Merv are both humbled and blessed to be surrounded by a very loving and supportive family, group of friends and workmates!
We are thankful for all of them. I would also like to grab this opportunity to thank these creative bunch who made our wedding memorable and stress free!
Church: Pastor Bodie Cruz of Victory Alabang
Loc: Narra Hill
Coordinator: Kim Torres Events
Wedding gown: Haydee Garcia
Suits: The Fine Gentleman
Cocktail: Manila Craft Mixes & Brews
Events design: Eye Candy Manila Event Styling Co.
Bridal car: Qlassic Bridal Cars - Tagaytay
Band: 3rd Avenue
Souvenir: Grood Wood & Co.
Robe: @With love, Ameera
LED animation: Clayshop Inc Denz Deleonio
Prenup: The Old Grove Farmstead
Wedding accessories: @Duane's Flora Couture
Bridal shoes: Manolo Blahnik
Ribbon: @Ribbon Lab
Crew meals: Packed Gourmet
Coffee booth: Arcana Coffee Ph